This Strawberry Peach & Avocado Salsa is deliciously versatile!
It can be enjoyed all on it’s own as a tasty fruit salsa, as a delicious topping for grilled seafood or chicken, and as a fresh fruit salsa with cinnamon pita chips
So its the middle of July and peaches are in season. One of my favorite things to do is visit the Farmer’s Market in Raleigh to see what is in season and to try out new recipes using the fruits and veggies in season. And with peaches just perfectly ripe, I couldn’t resist buying a few too many peaches. They are so juicy, ripe, and sweet. However I know that they won’t last long enough. So I’m buying them by the arm load and baking them into desserts and dicing them up in salsa. Salsa? I know you are thinking what?? Peaches in salsa????? Yes. Peaches and avocados are a surprisingly good combination. Especially with strawberries, lime, cilantro, and and a handful of salty tortilla chips.
While preparing for my daughter’s (Holly) birthday pool party, I knew I wanted to make salsa and guacamole. Can I just say my family can devour some chips and salsa. For that reason, I decided to make salsa using peaches, strawberries and avocados. Much to my pleasure, the entire family loves fruit salsa even my father-in-law who does not eat avocados.
This salsa recipe could not be easier, requiring just six ingredients and only 10 minutes to prepare. Sweet, juicy peaches and strawberries are combined with creamy avocado, and flavorful cilantro and then it all gets tossed in lime juice. So good!
I did not use onion or jalapenos in this recipe but if you love onions or jalapenos, please feel free to add them to your salsa. Feel free to adjust the ingredients to taste and your family’s favorites. Make sure to double the recipe for a crowd! This bright and colorful salsa tastes so fresh, it is a welcome change from the store-bought varieties.
There is one downside to this recipe. The very same acid that prevents the avocado from browning tends to break down the peaches and strawberries before too long. So this salsa is best enjoyed the same day it is made. Not sure that is really a downside!!
Tips for the perfect fruit salsa:
- This recipe works best with fresh peaches and strawberries. Frozen fruit will water down the salsa.
- If you decide to use jalapeño in this recipe, removing the seeds and ribs removes almost all of the heat from the pepper. If you prefer a spicier salsa, you can add some of the seeds or ribs to the mix.
- Make sure to finely dice your fruit and vegetables so that the salsa can be easily scooped up with chips.
- This salsa is great served with tortilla chips, over grilled fish or as a topping for shrimp tacos.
Just Peachy- Peach, Strawberry & Avocado SalsaCourse: AppetizersCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
This Peach Strawberry Avocado Salsa is super fresh, sweet yet savory and tastes great with chips and guacamole. Also makes a great topping for tacos, salads and grilled meats!
2 medium Peaches, diced
2 cups sliced Strawberries
3-4 tablespoons diced cilantro
2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
2 small limes, juiced
1/4 teaspoon grated red onion (optional)
2 teaspoons jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
2 tablespoons honey white balsamic vinegar (or peach vinegar or your favorite vinegar)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, strawberries, avocado and lime juice. Add the remaining ingredients; lightly toss just until combined. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips. Garnish with extra cilantro. Also great served on salmon, fish tacos or shrimp.