After moving into my daughter’s home, Amanda, in Willow Springs, North Carolina I became fast friends with one of Amanda’s (my youngest daughter) favorite neighbors, Renee Huneycutt. Renee is a true Southern belle through and through. She is fun, loving, genuine and a little crazy. All attributes that I love.
While attending a celebration at Renee’s house, I was lucky enough to taste her “Grape Salad”. There are not enough words to begin to tell you how delicious this “salad” is. I mean we call it a salad but I am pretty sure it is a dessert but boy is it so so good.
Funny when you grow up in the South you think you have tasted almost all Southern cuisine but in a blink of eye you can be granted the opportunity to taste a little bit of Southern heaven. Renee so graciously shared her recipe for this refreshing grape salad and it has become a regular at almost all our events at the marketplace (Greenhouse Picker Sisters). I have had so many people tell me “only you can make grapes taste so good” but all the credit goes to Renee for sharing her recipe. Grape salad consists of seedless grapes, sour cheese, sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, brown sugar and chopped pecans (see I told you it was really a dessert). You will never believe how these simple ingredients come together to form a perfect creamy delectable bite almost like a grape cheesecake. Grape salad is a very simple dessert which can be easily prepared on a whim. Also this recipe is one of the easiest and quick recipes to make. You will not regret trying this recipe. Thank you Renee for teaching me something new and sharing this awesome recipe.
- 1 package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 pounds Green Seedless Grapes About five cups of grapes.
- 2 pounds Red Seedless Grapes About five cups of grapes.
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- Before you begin wash and dry your grapes. If you have little ones eating this dessert, you may want to cut the grapes in half for safety.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until well blended and smooth, preferably with a mixer.
- Add grapes and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. At least an hour or so.
- Just before serving sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.
- Now enjoy.