Are you looking for something to do with those too ripe bananas. Easy homemade banana bread is the perfect recipe and best way to use up over-ripe bananas, If you are on the hunt for delectable chocolate chip banana bread this is your ticket. This banana bread reminds of the Ben and Jerrys Chunky Monkey ice cream. That mix of banana, vanilla, cinnamon and chocolate makes every bite a little taste of heaven. This banana bread is so incredibly moist, flavorful, and loaded with chocolate chips. Enjoy a slice of Banana bread for breakfast with a warm mug of coffee or tall glass of milk.
Quick tip if you don’t have ripe bananas on hand. Ripen a bunch in a flash by slicing the bananas in pieces and baking on a foil-lined baking sheet at 300 degrees for about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on size, until the skins are dark brown and the fruit is soft.
Chunky Monkey Chocolate Chip Banana BreadCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1/2 cup unsalted butter (8 tablespoons), softened
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9x5x3 loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl using paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars. Add 2 lightly beaten eggs. Add the two teaspoons of vanilla and Greek yogurt. Mix until blended.
- Mash bananas with a fork really well. Add bananas.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Gently fold in half of the chocolate chips. The batter should be thick and lumpy. Do not over mix!
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.